London Underground Walking Tour
Availability: Daily (Jan-Dec)
Ages: All Ages
Duration: 2 ¾ hours
Tour Type: Private Tour
Starting Location: Underneath the clock on Platform 1 of Paddington Station
End Location: Westminster station
London Underground Walking Tour
Mind the gap, and welcome aboard our London Tube Walking Tour. The walking tour of the world's first Tube railway lasts approximately two hours, and you will travel through 150 years of London’s Tube history. Your private small group tour will start at Paddington Station and take you to some of London’s most famous, deepest, oldest, most beautiful and peculiar Tube stations.
- Enjoy a tour with your private guide so you have lots of attention
- Travel along London’s oldest stretch of railway line
- Find out why it was important to know which way to travel on the Circle line
- What’s in a name? Find out whether you’re saying the right name
- Learn about London’s ghost stations
- Discover the Tube map’s “accuracy” and its tragic origin story
Mind the gap, and welcome aboard our London Tube Walking Tour. The walking tour of the world’s first Tube railway lasts approximately two and three quarter hours, and you will travel through 150 years of London’s Tube history.
Your private small group tour will start at Paddington station and take you to some of London’s most famous, deepest, oldest, most beautiful and peculiar Tube stations.
As part of the walking tour, you will learn about the evolution of the London Tube system when it was founded in 1863. You will also understand how the Tube lines used to be owned by rival companies and find out why we now have electric trains instead of steam engines.
With so many fascinating aspects to the story of the London Tube, such as the design of the stations, engineering principles, its places in popular culture, and, of course, its position within the story of modern London, are all discussed as part of the London Tube Walking Tour.
On each tour, the route may change slightly depending on improvement work on the network, the time and day you do the tour and your preferences.
Please note that, due to the nature of the locations visited, this tour is not accessible for wheelchair users or parents with prams.
- As part of the tour, there will be a short transit journey on public transport, so you will need to tap in with a contactless card.
- 2 ¾ hour walking tour through London’s tube system
- Knowledgeable, approachable & fun tourist guide
- Zone 1 Travelcard or an Oyster card topped up with at least £7 of pay-as- you-go credit
What To Bring
- Comfortable shoes for a leisurely walking tour
Good To Know
- English language tour
Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
- The tour is not suitable for a wheelchair due to escalators and stairs on the network. British Sign Language is not provided on the tour.
Do children need to be accompanied?
- All people under 18 (i.e. 17 years old and younger) must be accompanied by an adult (aged 18 years or over) on all tour
Is the tour suitable for children?
- This tour is suitable for all ages
|Group of 1 - 2 persons||£150|
|Group of 3 persons||£170|
|Group of 4 - 5 persons||£190|