Notting Hill Tour
Availability: Saturday (Jan – Dec) 10:30am & 2pm
Ages: All Ages
Duration: 2 hours
Tour Type: Public and Private Tour
Starting Location: Outside Notting Hill Gate Station in front of Calder Pharmacy, 55-57 Notting Hill Gate W11 3JS. Leave the station at Exit 1 and you will see your guide waiting for you outside the pharmacy.
End Location: Portobello Road Market
Notting Hill Tour
On this 2 hour Notting Hill walking tour, you’ll see the highlights of this trendy urban village in West London. Notting Hill is world-famous for its annual street carnival and Portobello Road Market (the setting of the Hugh Grant and Julie Roberts film).
- Visit more than six film locations from the Notting Hill film starring Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts as well as other sites from other big screen productions over the years, including A Hard Day’s Night, Love Actually and The Italian Job
- See the locations of the real Travel Bookshop that inspired the Notting Hill film–Pose for a picture in front of the ‘blue’ door.’
- See former and current homes of some of the celebrities that have made Notting Hill their home, including Richard Branson, Elle MacPherson and Richard Curtis
- Learn about the rise, fall, and regeneration of the area and how it became home to some of the most influential people in the media
- Enjoy the atmosphere of one of the most famous street markets in the world (Portobello Road Market) and get some recommendations on where to eat and drink
On this 2 hour walking Notting Hill Tour, you’ll see the highlights of this trendy urban village in West London. Notting Hill is world-famous for its annual street carnival and Portobello Road Market (the setting of the Hugh Grant and Julie Roberts film).
On our tour, you’ll get the inside track from your expert local guide on places of interest from famous Notting Hill film locations used in the area, such as the ‘Blue Door’, the travel bookshop, celebrity homes, trendy restaurants, and quiet mews.
As you walk down streets with brightly coloured townhouses, your local guide will give you the background of Notting Hill, which attracted an even wider global audience with the 1999 film featuring Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts. However, its rich history goes back many years; you’ll hear of the Rachman landlord controversy, the working-class stories, and its Bohemian reputation.
Experience the buzz of the world-famous Portobello Road market on market day, buskers, spice shops, and cafés. Be sure to taste delicious international cuisine cooked fresh on market stalls.
Past and present famous musicians made Notting Hill their home and recording base. While strolling around the picturesque streets and squares, your guide will show where Jimi Hendrix took his fatal overdose and recording studios where legendary tracks were made,
This walking tour takes you to the beating heart of Notting Hill and shows you hidden gems off the typical tourist trail.
The Notting Hill tour will finish at the Portobello Road Market; however, the guide can direct you to Notting Hill Gate station.
The group size is limited to 30 persons to ensure you have a positive experience.
- Professional guide
- Entry fees
What To Bring
- Comfortable shoes for a leisurely walking tour
Good To Know
- Accessibility: The route follows largely flat terrain but in parts there are differing levels and some cobbles to traverse. Parts of the route are pedestrianised (some, though, involves crossing roads which are controlled by traffic lights).
- English language tour
How long is the route?
- The tour is approximately 1 ½ miles long with cobbles and some gradients.
Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
- The tour is not suitable for a wheelchair due to the pavements and uneven surfaces on the route. British Sign Language is not provided on the tour.
Do children need to be accompanied?
- All people under 18 (i.e. 17 years old and younger) must be accompanied by an adult (aged 18 years or over) on all tours
Is the tour suitable for children?
|Groups of 1 - 10 persons||£165|
|Groups of 11 - 20 persons||£185|
|Groups of 21 - 30 persons||£205|