Comedy Legends Tour of London
Availability: Every Sunday at 1:30pm
Ages: All Ages
Duration: 2 hours
Tour Type: Public and Private Tour
Starting Location: The Swiss clock tower in Leicester Square
End Location: Covent Garden
Comedy Legends Tour of London
Embark on an uproarious adventure through the streets of the West End on this side-splitting comedy icons walking tour. Led by witty guides, the tour traverses iconic locales, infusing history with laughter. Delight in hilarious anecdotes and unexpected punchlines, weaving through Covent Garden and other locales. Discover the lighter side of West London's history in this laughter-filled journey through its historic streets.
- See the inspiration for Edina Monsoon from Absolutely Fabulous
- Discover the office of Monthy Python
- Find out where the Comic Strip was formed
- See the club where the Two Ronnies first met
- 2-hour walking tour of London’s Covent Garden area
- Led by an expert guide
- Convenient tour starting point outside Covent Garden Underground Station
- Food & drink
- British Sign Language interpreter not included
What To Bring
- Comfortable shoes for a leisurely walking tour
Good To Know
- English language tour
- Free cancellation up to 48 hours before the tour
- This guided tour is not accessible for wheelchair users or for parents with prams or buggies
- Adults who are 18 years and older must accompany anyone who is 17 years or younger on all tours
There is many a legend of comedy who’ve walked the streets of London. This 2.5-hour walking tour explores this rich tapestry. It shows how our appreciation how of the art has changed through the generations – taking in some farce, slapstick, and satire along the way.
From the heady days of music hall and variety through to the classis solo and duo acts of the 60s and 70s, and on to the alternative comedy scene emerging in the 80s. All the best performers and writers had to start somewhere, so this
walk journeys time to looks at the how’s, where’s and why’s.
But it’s not just about the home-grown talent. Rightly there are those who started out here and made a journey stateside. Likewise, there are those from across the pond for whom London was the nudge they needed to hit the heights of fame. Inevitably there are some sad tales of those where a career came to an end but whose legacy cannot be forgotten.
Indulge in this experience to reminisce, participate, and maybe even re-enact some of your favourite sketches, characters, and catchphrases. Through the tour there will be the opportunity for photographs while your guide shares the stories of a humorous history.
In one way or another the tour features many icons you all know, and many more besides. The walking tour begins and ends in Covent Garden.
Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
- The tour is not suitable for a wheelchair due to the pavements and uneven surfaces on the route. British Sign Language is not provided on the tour.
Do children need to be accompanied?
- All people under 18 (i.e. 17 years old and younger) must be accompanied by an adult (aged 18 years or over) on all tour
Is the tour suitable for children?
- There are some adult themes discussed on tour so it as the discretion of parents
|Ticket (13 years+)
|£165 per group
|£185 per group
|£205 per group