Agatha Christie London Tour
Availability: Sundays at 10:30am (Apr-Oct)
Ages: All Ages
Duration: 2 hours
Tour Type: Public and Private Tour
Starting Location: Euston Square
End Location: Green Park Station
Agatha Christie London Tour
Embark on an Agatha Christie tour in London to immerse yourself in the captivating world of the Queen of Crime, exploring the settings that inspired her iconic detective stories and experiencing the thrill of her mysteries.
- See over 10 inspirational locations that influenced the life and works of Agatha Christie
- Learn all about the author from an expert guide
- Discover fascinating facts about the author not available on any other tour
- 2-hour walking tour of London’s Bloomsbury and Mayfair
- Led by an expert on Agatha Christie
- Convenient tour starting point outside Euston Square Station
- Food & drink
- British Sign Language interpreter not included
What To Bring
- Comfortable shoes for a leisurely walking tour
Good To Know
- English language tour
- Free cancellation up to 48 hours before the tour
- This guided tour is not accessible for wheelchair users or for parents with prams or buggies
- Adults who are 18 years and older must accompany anyone who is 17 years or younger on all tours
Join the Agatha Christie London Tour to see how the capital, its institutions and its people, inspired the Queen of Crime to create the stories that, so many adore.
Dame Agatha Christie, is the best-selling novelist of all time with over 2 billion books to her name, and is also the world’s most successful female playwright. Her creations such as Hercule Poirot, and Miss Jane Marple are iconic characters who have captured the hearts and minds of millions of people from across the world.
It is the popularity of these characters that have made the works of Dame Agatha Christie the third most published in the world, behind the works of Shakespeare and the Bible.
Starting at Euston Square and finishing at Green Park, this two-hour walking tour explores locations that are mentioned in the works of Agatha Christie, to those that inspired her, to the places which Christie herself visited. As part of the walking tour you will explore Mayfair, Theatreland, and Bloomsbury.
The Agatha Christie London Tour will take you via some of London’s most famous institutions such as The Garrick Club, The British Museum and the University of London.
On the way, you will explore how Agatha Christie was inspired by the events and people around her, such as her work in a hospital dispensary and her marriage to Max Mallowen, as well as the works of writers who she admired, such as Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
We will also learn how Agatha Christie worked with and inspired other crime fiction writers, through her involvement with the famous Detection Club.
Of course, no Agatha Christie London Tour would be complete without a stop outside “The Mousetrap”, the longest-running play in the world, where you will learn that this iconic murder mystery has a surprisingly royal origin.
You will also discover just which famous faces from the British acting elite, have tread the boards of the St Martin’s theatre during their careers, and how her creations have inspired countless stage, screen, and TV incarnations; some of whom were faithful to the stories that Agatha Christie wrote whilst others deviated from her original cannon.
Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
- The tour is not suitable for a wheelchair due to the pavements and uneven surfaces on the route. British Sign Language is not provided on the tour.
Do children need to be accompanied?
- All people under 18 (i.e. 17 years old and younger) must be accompanied by an adult (aged 18 years or over) on all tour
Is the tour suitable for children?
- There are some adult themes discussed on tour so it as the discretion of parents
|£165 per group
|£185 per group
|£205 per group