Shakespeare London Walk
Availability: Fridays at 11am (Jan-Mid Nov)
Ages: All Ages
Duration: 2 hours
Tour Type: Public and Private Tour
Starting Location: Blackfriars Underground Station
End Location: Barbican Tube Station
Shakespeare London Walk
Indulge in a Shakespeare tour in London to step into the footsteps of the legendary Bard, unraveling the secrets of his life and works. Discover the enchanting theaters, historic landmarks, and the timeless beauty of his plays brought to life in the very city that inspired him.
- Explore Shakespearean London with your expert guide and enjoy speeches from the Bard’s works along the way
- Discover a towering, yet hidden, monument which was created from one of his best-known speeches
- A great way to see London and learn all about this talented world-renowned playwright!
- Discover the spot where we believe Othello, King Lear and Macbeth were written
Join the Shakespeare London Walk and learn all about William Shakespeare – one of the most famous names associated with England and the English language. Many consider him to be the greatest author and poet that this country has ever produced.
He died over 400 years ago, but, if you have the right Guide, there are many echoes of Shakespeare’s London to be found on our Shakespeare London Walk.
During this 2-hour walking tour through the ancient City of London, your expert guide and actor will highlight the nooks and crannies of Tudor and medieval London that Shakespeare would have been familiar with.
You will be right in the footsteps of William Shakespeare as you are shown hidden or little-known memorials to him including statues, plaques, busts – even a totem pole!
We will also explore hidden courtyards, churches, the location of the Blackfriars Theatre (sister theatre to the Globe), the locations of Shakespeare’s two known London houses, and much more!
You will find out what Shakespeare was like as a man, including his complex and tangled personal life. There are whole sections on his religion, sexuality and vocabulary.
And in addition to all of this, the ‘icing on the cake’, is that your guide, who is a former professional actor, will illuminate the tour with a few of Shakespeare’s sublime speeches.
‘Shakespeare in the City Walk’ meets outside Blackfriars Underground Station. The Shakespeare London Walk ends at Barbican underground station.
Please note: This Shakespeare London Walk takes place on the NORTH bank of the river Thames, and does not visit the Globe theatre on the South Bank.
- Professional guide/actor
- Entry fees
What To Bring
- Comfortable shoes for a leisurely walking tour
Good To Know
- English language tour
How long is the route?
- The tour is approximately 2 miles (3.22 km) long.
Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
- The tour is not suitable for a wheelchair due to the pavements and uneven surfaces on the route. British Sign Language is not provided on the tour.
Do children need to be accompanied?
- All people under 18 (i.e. 17 years old and younger) must be accompanied by an adult (aged 18 years or over) on all tours
Is the tour suitable for children?
- You must be at least 12 years old to attend this horror tour – the material is shocking and chilling right from the start!
|Groups of 1 - 40 persons||£15 per person (Starting from £225 per group)|